Wednesday, May 13, 2009

:(Update:)

So here I am!!
NOT DEAD! Or in the fetal position chanting "I'm gonna die, I'm Gonna Die!"
That is a pleaser to me!

So here is the update on what happened Monday (my first day of work).

I clocked in and was happy cause I got a very easy code to punch in:)
I sat around for about an hour doing nothing (getting paid while sitting) and waited for Callie - my manager - to get done with the owner who popped in for a surprise visit! So I have met the owner, district manager, all the general and assistant managers in the course of 1 week haha:)

Callie trained me - I really like Callie, she is really nice, has a mouth on her though haha - and we had a good time chatting and getting to know each other and getting oriented with the store.

Then we went on to the cash Register.... Dun da dah... (Scary noises) I was a bit intimidated really, and kinda freaked out!
It was electronic, it had a lot of buttons, and it was confusing. The majority of the buttons on there I have no idea what they do.

So I was learning and she took me through it with some test runs and then the people came in... She stood by me while I made there orders, made some few mistakes, almost panicked... okay I panicked a lot... all in all, I made only a few mistakes which is good cause it was only my first day and I was expecting more!

So around 7:45 Callie came up to me and told me that after this time on Mondays it gets incredibly slow, so she let me go home early!!!:)
I was so happy.


2nd Day:

Came in, punched in, and went to find Callie. Helped people with orders, cleaned tables, swept, and then went to finish training. Callie told me that I was going to close for training and I wasn't to happy about that. She was leaving at 7:00 for dinner and a movie with her sisters so I was left alone with Manny (another Manager) and three other people.

BTW: Three of the guys that work there are all in my age range (high school range) and are INCREDIBLY HOT. NOT FAIR.
I am hot and sweaty with an unflattering shirt on and I have to watch the hot stuff make food... so not fair...

So people come in, I make only a few mistakes and I am alone through most of the night. Like I said, only a couple of mistakes!! YAY!!

So we close and I have to say that I hope I don't have to do that every night cause it sucks!
I go in to clean the bathrooms and some punk thought it would be funny to PEE in THE GARBAGE CAN!!!

I hate PUNKS.

Okay well that was my day on the second day. Got home at like 11:30 and went to bed.

Last Minute Thoughts:
1. Tip big people!
2. Made $2.00 in tips last night:)
3. I like diet drinks, really you cant tell the difference if you don't have a real one in 5 weeks.
4. I don't care that aspartame kills, I really don't so don't try and sway me please. I'm gonna die anyways.
5. I love being happy and smiley to people in the customer line:)
6. I want a protein bar...
7. Sleep is seriously Gods way of giving us a break.
8. Sigh... Hot men and I have to be un-hot...
9. I love Chinese class cause I can show up twenty minutes late and she doesn't even notice.
10. I love my iPod and really I love the people I work with:) I am so glad that God gave me that chance!!! And I am getting to the point where I am comfortable and confident ant that's what I need to be at work:)

Love you all!!!

Andie

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hahahaha "I hate punks" hahahaha that made me laugh :)