Monday, September 5, 2011

I Don't Know How To Say This, But...

So the student body president of SUU was in my apartment till 12 last night. I know, crazy hu? With two other guys and they all played the guitar and ukulele singing to my roommates. I don’t know how to take it.

One of my roommates says she is in love with a missionary and then does this sliding down the banister thing for the guys.

Another one of my roommates explicitly says she doesn’t want a boyfriend and yet attracts them like mosquitoes in Cache Valley.

The other one of my roommates wants a boyfriend so bad that the first RM she meets is suddenly the one – and the guy she was with at home gets dropped (after he drives all the way down from Riverton to spend time with her) like a leaking sack of trash.

So the roommates that are left are Lilly and I.

Lilly has a boy that is so great and she really does like him while I am kinda thinking that SUU is not the place that I will be meeting my future husband. Which just sucks because that means that the next four, possibly five, years will be really REALLY boring.

I’m having doubts about if I am supposed to get married at all.

I think I send out vibes of ‘beyotch’ to the guys and that turns them off.

Lilly is the best wingman out there.

I miss my family like crazy, and I am worried that I won’t get the time off that I need from work to go see them over the holidays.

I need a new job.

On the bright side, I have lost about 7 lbs being Lilly’s roommate. She is the healthiest person ever. And I have gotten up and gone to the gym almost every single day since I have moved down here. All thanks to Lilly. I really love this girl and it really was an act of God that brought us in the same house. I am so glad that it turned out this way.

I don’t know how I am supposed to do this: be flirty. I want the guys around me to know who I am already and to actually like the person inside. I want the whole ‘first impression’ thing out of the way.

“Hi, my name is Andie, spelled with an ‘ie’ not a ‘y’. I love comedies and will laugh at almost anything. I love to dance crazy, and have almost no insecurities when it comes to what I say. I have no filter and will probably embarrass you if you’re a person who actually gets embarrassed at what people say. I am independent and yet will be one of the most attentive people you have ever met. I will always text you back. I will try my damndest to help you in anyway if I make that ‘loyalty’ connection with you. I want someone to care deeply about but if they don’t care back I will sever that feeling and will do my best to avoid you like the plague. I am severely awkward when it comes to guys that I am attracted to. I am deathly afraid of being wrong and seen as stupid. I love to sing and will do it in front of anyone. To know me is to love me.”

Why can’t people just see that before they meet me and then proceed to be my friend?

Life is hard.

Love,

Andie;)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh my dear AndIE, I so know how you feel. Life away from home is so hard but as you know so good. It gives you a chance to really find out who you are and who and what you WANT TO BE more of. It's a great place for change and the perfect place for us to grow into our best selves. You my dear are one of the most amazing people I know, don't worry about the boys seeing that. You only need YOUR ONE to see that and he SO WILL. Love you girl, hang in there and never stop being YOU! LOVE YOU!!!