Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Twilight Mess

Well... I saw Twilight last night....
I have to say that I was more disappointed than when the new president was elected about a month ago. 
I really really REALLY wanted it to be as good as people said it was. 
But alas... it wasn't. Edward was ugly, but I already knew that before the show even started filming. 
Bella was emotion less until the very end, and when she did show some emotion, it was forced and embarrassing. 
The characters I did like were Emmett and Charlie - oh and Jacob was the best looking character they had! They were PERFECT! Every scene with them were really good. But one scene that I did like was when Bella and Edward showed up in his not-the-right-car Volvo and every one was staring and she said "Everyone is staring" and then he said "Well not him, oh yes he just looked. Oh well" (reminding you I didn't get the wording exactly right but that's the gist of it. 
But all the other scenes when they were together, were just.... what's the right word I'm looking for...  Awkward. 
I didn't think that it would be that bad, but it was!
My mom on the other hand loved it, but like I have said before, she is just as insane as I am, but it grows worse with age I guess.
I wanted it to be good, but as stated before, it was really uncomfortable - like your watching your friends make out uncomfortable. Yes, for me, it was that bad. 
Another thing I would like to point out is that they are going to have a REALLY hard time with making the forth movie. Renesmee obviously cant be played or acted by a 10 month old. She would have to be totally CGI and I really don't think they have that kinda technology yet. Maybe in 5-10 years, but by then the actors would be, well 5-10 years older and vampires are NOT supposed to age. 
Oh and the special effects were kinda low grade. No not kinda, really low grade. 
They are already working on the second one and I don't know how they are going to butcher it up anymore next time. Its going to be a miracle if they get it anywhere near the book. Because, to be honest, they didn't get it even close to the book. 
But I guess I'm glad they didn't cause now I don't associate it with the book at all and that's a good thing. 

There is my opinion. Your wasting your time if you try to change it, so leave it be. 

Last Minute Thoughts:
1. I love the movie Hairspray! It is one of the best movies I have seen!
2. I wish I could be in California right now...
3. Sleep is the most greatest thing that I have ever indulged in! Until it is interrupted in stupid and weird dreams. 
4. Not having school is the BEST!
5. With out friends, I would live a sad existence. 
6. Go and read the Twilight books again. They are so much better than the movie.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I told all of my ward friends how LAME the movie looked. They went and saw it anyway. They say they like it, but I think it's because they don't want to admit how bad it is. I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard enough about it to know that it was probably made too quickly and on a low budget. I'm not wasting my money on a movie like that. I may see it when it comes out on video, but I'm not excited for it at all. Twilight is a good book, but the rest of the books are horrible. New Moon is just...ug. I hate it. Bella is too whiney and selfish. And then, of course, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, there are some inappropriate scenes. Sure, they're married in Breaking dawn, but like, honestly, Stephanie Meyer had a chance to influence teenage girls in a good way, but she chose just the opposite. I'm glad SOMEONE admits those things! :)

Andie Bonze said...

Hahha well your the first to admit it that it isnt the best thing in the world. And truth is... IT ISNT!
The older women like it cause it makes them feel important and gets them hyped up and excited and focuses their attention somewhere else. Which they can! Its in their field of rights! BUT man! When some people just get in your face and start tellin you that your wrong and that they cant stand you because of what you think.
Oh well.... Thanks for agreeing with me! Ahaha Love you Anna!

Laura B. said...

omg that movie was SOOO funny.
i was laughing so hard in some parts. Like when Bella walks into Biology and he looks like he's gonna vomit. But other then that it was totally stupid.
oh and about the fourth book..they have all the rights and stuff to make it -- but they haven't found anyone who wants to write the script haha

Anyways. that movie was ridiculous

rickie lee said...

your moms so funny! "did you read the book right?! because its supposta be awkward!!" ha ha ha that was a fun night :]