Friday, April 10, 2009

SUPERMAN

So these past two weeks (ever since I have been on HCG) I have learned a lot about myself. I never wanted to admit it, but I felt like my life was ruled by food. Whenever something looked good, smelled good, or tasted good, I would drop anything I had - figuratively and literally - to try and get at it. 

But now that is over:).

My life is no longer ruled by food or anything else that isn't good for me. Its kinda like having a superpower - with out the weakness!

This week, with it being Spring Break and all, I have kinda been bored and have had nothing to do. 

So I decided to be daring;)

I made cookies!

And you know what? They didn't even call to me. Sure, they looked good and smelled good - of course they did, I made them :) - but they had no appeal to me what so ever!!!

My mom came out and said "How did you do this?"
I just shrugged and said "Cause I wanted to."

This new found super power has made me see exactly what I can accomplish. If I can make apple crisp, oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies, and brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting with out even licking my finger if some part of them get on my hands, I MUST have a super power!!!!

I have shown myself that anything is possible. I have tackled that tricky, conniving, snake called 'unhealthy foods' and I cant wait till I can tackle the next challenge!


Last Minute Thoughts:
1. Fridays are great!
2. Wish I was somewhere with warm weather and beaches...
3. I have lost 4 more pounds!!!!
4. I feel great:) I hope I can always stay this happy and upbeat!
5. I hate the snow....
6. I'm anxious to see myself when this diet is all said and done:):):)
7. The cool thing is that HCG is making my eyelashes grow, and feet shrink!!! COOL!
8. Darkness can NOT survive in light.
9. Conference was great:)
10. I hope everyone who went to Hawaii are having a great time!!!!:) 


Love you all!!

4 comments:

Hess said...

good job Andie. Don't feel bad it is rainy and cold in Hawaii!!

I am so PROUD of you, honestly, not many people can say no to so many wonderful, tasty things. Now the question is could you say "no" to a Girl Scout Soma Cookie? I could eat those until Im sick, well let me think.....I do that every time they are around.

Lindsey Smith said...

I am so proud of you, i am so far from that kind of self controle!! I love food, treats, anything that looks like it may have any flavor at all. What a real accomplishment, maybe i will get there some day. I am with you wishing that i was somewhere warm and beachy. but i am stck in a hospital, in a bed with BAD food. But the babies are still in there so i will just shut my mouth:)

Anna said...

Andie I'm so glad this is working out for you!!!

The last two weeks, my mom, two sisters and I have been off anything with sugar in it...that is, anything without natural sugars. So candy and sweets. The first week was hard. But then it got easier. I feel SOO much healthier.

We had to have lunch with a relative here. They had chocolate cake and ice cream. In England, if you don't eat ALL of your food, or don't eat what is offered, it is VERY impolite and rude. So, we had to eat it. We went off sugar for day. The ice cream and cake tasted good, but I didn't crave it like I once did, or get that thrill I used to. I went home, and ate a handful of skittles, and they weren't even appealing!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D After that day, I went back off of sugar, and still don't eat it. :) I know definitely relate to you! :D Hope everything works out great. I'm excited to see the before and after pics. Good job!!! Love you!

Karen Prier said...

Andie,
If you can conquere food you can conquere anything! It is the one thing that we still have to have and yet we have to stay in control of. We just can't rule it out of our lives. You have started to understand self-mastery. You now get to learn how to maintain it, which I know you can do!