Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Book!

I have another book for you! This one has been in my mind for a while now and once I started to get the names together, the characters themselves came and presented themselves to me. 
You always know you have a good idea when you know the characters personally!
Without further due:
Les Trois



I woke when a piercing scream hit the air. Panting and perspiring I looked around to see if I had woken anyone else. But Leila and Tayte slept like the dead.
I got off the bed and walked into the other room. I splashed my face with the cold stagnant water in the basin.

Those three little girls haunted me at night. Their screams in the fire, their faces. I couldn’t get them out of my head.

Long before I lived in Asea, I was a princess in the town Calumbrynn. Princess Zara, they called me. Now its just Z.
I was 13 when Faline took over my kingdom and killed my parents. Anson and Odelyna, the Royalty of Calumbrynn. It was a devastating blow to their kingdom. To the people of Calumbrynn, my sisters and I are dead, along with our parents, and have been for five years now.
I traveled back to the room where my sisters slept soundly and tried to wash the girls faces from my eyelids.
Instead of the faces of the girls this time, I remembered my previous lady in waiting. She was such a sweet and caring woman. I loved her like a mother. She was in my childhood more often than my real mother had been, and I had such good memories of her.
As I sank down into slumber, my memories transformed into my nightmares.
I don’t know why Galana is so anxious when she wakes me. It looks too early to be getting up.
“Grab all the clothes that you can, and make sure they are comfortable.” She whispers to me.
That’s weird… she never ever has us pack ourselves. Usually our servants do that for us. But I know for some reason that this is important, so I rip open my drawers and find the first thing I can that is comfortable.
I hear Leila in the other room asking where momma and papa were. I listened harder to hear Galanas response. None comes.
“Get your heaviest trousers and your fur coat.” She says after a minute.
I run and find my own coat.
I can hear Tayte because she starts to whine and whimper a little. She always does that when she is woken up from sleep. Galana shushes her and tells her the same things as she told us. By the time she comes back to my room, I have all of the things she asked me to get on my bed.
She arrives with three small leather packs.
“Put on your coat and your riding boots.” I do as she says.
Leila and Tayte walk into my room, both of their faces show shock and fear. Nothing like this had ever happened. The unknown frightens us.
Galana rushes out of my room and into Leila’s to pack her belongings. She does not pack neatly. Just stuffs them into the bag.
She does the same with Taytes. We follow her like sheep from one room to the next. With our bags packed, she puts each one on our backs and rushes us downstairs.
She never shows fear, just determination.
Down our halls, they are poorly lit; we stumble and fall once or twice. Each time Galana picks us up and keeps us to a fast pace. As I pass the library and my father’s den, I wondered if this is the last time I was going to see it.
We went through the kitchen quarters; I used to come through here when I was hiding from the math tutor. The back door leads down through the gardens and vineyards. I have only passed them on my horse when I was riding. Now I could smell the sweetness that they bestowed, I hope that I will be able to come back and smell them again once all this craziness was over.
We walk until we hit our town.
There Galana knocked on someone’s door. There is a hushed conversation and then she turned us onto a barn. She and another man push open the doors, and I was surprised how easily they opened. Hardly a squeak come from them.
Inside is a horse. It is a pretty horse, but not as pretty as my Warrior. Galana and the man attach the horse to a miniature carriage and usher us onto it. I settle down and fall asleep.


I opened my eyes again and it was daylight.
It was late enough to get up.
I had to get my mind off of those Nightmares. I strode out of the room went to go milk the cows.


1 comment:

♥қ.®.Í.ś.‡.α♥ said...

Okay! Is Blogger being as stupid for you as it's being as stupid for me?!?!?!? It wont let me change the font or coor on my posts!!!!!!!!!! ITS PISSING ME OFF! GRRR. help! :(